THE VERTICAL CHALLENGE – May 2021
The April Vertical Challenge has a winner: Giacomo Casabianca! In addition, three participants were able to gain more that 3400 meters of elevation.
In the meantime, we’ve reopened new trail segments, and above all, travel restrictions have been loosened.
So with that we are ready to launch another challenge, always with the same spirit of pushing our limits, but above all to get to know the vastness of the trail network that our ancestors built.
How much elevation gain can you achieve, using only the trails within the municipality of Riomaggiore, and without using the same trail more than once? Find out by participating in our VERTICAL CHALLENGE!
The rules are very simple, but we’ve made a slight modifications from last month’s rules.
- Sign up on Strava or other application that can record the track of your hike/run, including total elevation gain (we recommend using a GPS watch connected to the application, to have more homogeneous data).
- Record the route of a single run/hike on the trails exclusively within the municipality of Riomaggiore (marked REL trails and trails marked on Openstreetmap.org).
- Do not pass the same point more than once. You are allowed to cross trails at intersections, and on segments where two trails coincide, that segment can be used once for each trail that passes that point.
- Complete your run/hike by May 31st, 2021.
- Winners of previous editions are not eligible for prizes.
Send your route info (only one route per person), including elevation gain, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject #SFIDAVERTICALE
Winners will be informed by e-mail.
Those who are able to do more than 2 thousand meters of elevation gain in a single run/hike get a Cinque Terre Trekking white and red trail marker t-shirt (color is indicative, based on availability). There is a sweatshirt up for grabs for the overall winner, that is, whoever achieves the most elevation gain.
#riomaggiore #cinqueterre #verticalchallenge #vertical #elevationgain
** this is not a competition or prize operation as the prize offered does not exceed € 25.82 (Presidential Decree 430/01)
Got something to say?